Parent Invitation to Catholic School Council Summit -RESCHEDULED
We are happy to announce that a new date has been chosen for the Catholic School Council Summit (PIC). Please mark your calendars for Thursday, December 8th, 2016 at St. Michael CHS, same time, same format.
We would like to advise all School Principals and Catholic School Councils that the October 27th, 2016 – Catholic School Council Summit at St. Michael CHS in Kemptville has been postponed due to possible poor weather conditions in some areas of the Board.
We will be updating schools on the re-scheduled date in the near future.
On Thursday, October 27th, the CDSBEO invites all parents to attend the Catholic School Council Summit at St. Michael CHS in Kemptville. The evening will begin with a barbecue served between 5:30 and 6:30, followed by a number of informative parent workshops. This year, the focus of the workshops will be around mathematics, and helping parents to facilitate their child’s mathematics learning. The evening will end with a social from 8:10 to 8:30 p.m.
Please contact your school principal if you would like to attend.
Educational workshops for parents on topics such as:
- Trading Places: Taking a Seat at Your Child’s Desk, with Lynda Colgan, author of Inspiring Your Child to Learn and Love Mathematics, and Associate Professor of Elementary Mathematics Education, Graduate Faculty, Queen’s University
- Understanding Your Child’s Math Homework
- Helping Struggling Students Develop a Math Growth Mindset
- Assistive Technology for Supporting Students Struggling in Math
- Math Games that Promote Purposeful Practice
- LEGO Play/Intentional Strategies for Parents
- 5:30 – 6:30 – Dinner
- 6:30 – 6:45 – Welcome
- Opening Prayer
- Greetings from Jason Harps, Chair, Parent Involvement Committee
- Greetings from Brent Laton, Chair of the Board
- Greetings from Doug Tateishi, Education Officer, Ministry of Education
- Greetings from Wm. J. Gartland, Director of Education
- 6:50 – 7:25 Workshop 1
- 7:30 – 8:05 Workshop 2
- 8:10 Refreshments
Leave a Reply