Accessing School to Collect Belongings Procedure
We have received the detailed protocol for parents to access the school to retrieve their child’s belongings.
In reviewing what is at the school I realize that students took most of their belongings home. Typically, the only thing left in the classrooms are their indoor shoes. A few students have a pencil case they forgot in their desk. Our Kindergarten students have a bag with their spare clothing in their cubby.
We are not sending students’ work at this time.
I expect many of you may choose to leave the items until we return in the fall. This is perfectly acceptable and will hopefully be a much less restrictive process at that time.
If you wish to access the school to retrieve student personal belongings you must:
STEP 1 – Reply by email to StGregory.CarletonPlace@cdsbeo.on.ca by Wednesday, June 3 at noon.
- In the reply indicate you want to access the child’s belongings. Please list the names of all children and their homeroom teacher.
- Once we see how many people want to access the school we will create a schedule and notify you of your pick up time. I anticipate it will be either June 9 or 10 between 8 am and 5 pm. We will email your exact time later in the week.
STEP 2 – Before entering the school you must:
- complete the Ministry of Health on-line self-assessment tool and have received a negative assessment AND are symptom free at: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/self-assessment/.
- verbally attest that you have not travelled in the last 14 days or have been in contact with someone who has travelled in the past 14 days.
- not have been in contact with someone in the past 14 days who has tested positive for COVID-19, or is suspected to have COVID-19, or who has respiratory symptoms (fever, cough, or shortness of breath)
When you arrive you will:
- Remain in your car until your appointed time
- Follow the outlined path at the front of the school
- Maintain 2 meter distance from others
- Bring your own pen to sign in and out
- Bring your own Bag if needed
- You will have a maximum of 10 minutes to retrieve items
- Principal or custodian will escort you to the classroom if required.
- Use of washrooms, drinking fountains are not permitted
- Avoid touching surfaces
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance
Please understand that these procedures are required by the Chief Medical Officer of Health and we cannot make exceptions.
Please understand that should you decide to leave the belonging at school,we will keep the shoes and personal belongings until we return in the fall and they can be sent home at that time. This includes Grade 3’s moving to St Mary.
Leave a Reply