Please see the notice below from CDSBEO director, John Cameron, regarding transportation on inclement weather days.
On Thursday, October 24th we participated in the Kinders “Take Me Outside Day”. It was cool outside but we bundled up and took the learning outside for the afternoon.
Today every class read the story Zero by Kathryn Otoshi. It is a great story about how the Zero felt sad because she had no value but then realized that if all the numbers work together they can have greater value. A 1 becomes 10 or 1 000 or even 1 000 000. It is a great way to practice counting and understanding the power of the lowly zero!
Take some time to look around your house and find things that look like a zero. Have some fun having numbers work together to make bigger numbers.
Check out the upcoming dates for the Triple P Cafe! Great tips for parents. Many different topics. Register for a cafe today!
Click Here for the flier of dates, topics and how to register.
St. Mary’s Parish is hosting a Christmas Bazaar with a special store for kids to buy gifts by themselves. Great for little ones.
Our grade Ones have been exploring the world of coding. Lots of fun!
Coding in Grade 1 – click for a short movie.
The Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario invites Catholic School Council parent leaders to apply for vacant positions on the CDSBEO Parent Involvement Committee.
Counties with vacant positions include: Lanark County, Prescott-Russell County, and Glengarry County.
Catholic School Council parent leaders are asked to serve a two-year term, and must be available to attend four meetings per year, in addition to other leadership responsibilities.
All Catholic School Council parent leaders interested in serving on the CDSBEO Parent Involvement Committee are asked to complete the Parent Involvement Committee Application Form and return it to Norma McDonald at Norma.McDonald@cdsbeo.on.ca by Friday, October 19, 2018.
Students at St Gregory school celebrate mass with Father Cosmos today. During the Mass, Mme Belisle’s grade class launched the Orange Shirt Campaign by giving each of our new Junior Kindergarten students a special card to welcome them to our school.
Leading up to Monday, October 1st, all of our students will be engaged in activities that reflect our Board theme EVERY CHILD MATTERS: EQUITY AND INCLUSION = KINDNESS FOR ALL! For our young students, this will simply be Love = Kindness. We will be highlighting acts of kindness throughout our school. We hope you can also share acts of kindness at home with your family and friends.
It was a great first week back! We welcomed 76 new JKs to our St Gregory family and returning students and staff were happy to connect with friends they haven’t seen in a while.
Our first butterfly hatched and we still have 4 more at different stages of development. They are sitting in the front foyer if you want to take a peek.
Our first Catholic School Council meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, Sept 18 at 6:30 in the Library. We encourage you to join us. It is a great way to get involved and support our school. If you require childcare in order to attend please call and let us know before noon on the day of the meeting. Nominations for new Council members will be available after the first meeting.
Currently, our members are helping us prepare and organize the Welcome Back BBQ and Open House, scheduled for Thursday, Sept 27. 5:30-7pm
We hope you will join us.
Sunday, September 23 is St Mary’s Church Feast Day Celebration. 11:00 Mass will be celebrated By Archbishop O’Brien, followed by a BBQ, live music and activities for children. Notes are going home this week so organizers can gather numbers.
Looking forward to a great year!
Welcome to our 2018-2019 school year. A few important notes:
- The monthly newsletter is posted each month in the “For Parents” section under Newsletters
- The monthly calendar is sent home as well and dates are found in Upcoming Events
- If you click on the School Events tab in the “For Parents” section you can link all events to your google or apple calendar. Very handy to stay current.
- Catholic School Council also has a tab in the “For Parents” section. You can find upcoming meetings, list of the parent council and minutes from the meetings.
- The tab “SchoolCashOnline” has a link to our online program. All field trips, milk, pizza, sub and BBQ orders are done through SCO.
- NEW this year – Fundraising with Amazon. A percentage of all sales made will come back to the school. If you shop on Amazon go in through our link so that the school can raise funds while you shop. Please let family and friends know too!
- NEW this year – STEO tab. This will link you to any delays or cancellations. Often the phone lines are busy and this is an easy way to see what is happening.